SparkyLinux is a GNU/Linux distribution created on the top of Debian GNU/Linux operating system.
Sparky is fast, lightweight and fully customizable OS built around the Openbox window manager offering versions for different users and different tasks.
Sparky is in-between the distros that are beginner-friendly and those, that require some amount of Linux knowledge. Beginning Linux users are advised to consult the project forums regarding any issues or doubts.
- Debian based
- Stable and Rolling releases
- Fast, light & simple
- Most wireless and mobile network cards supported
- Your favorite desktops to choose
- Special editions: GameOver, Multimedia & Rescue
- MinimalGUI Edition to customize the desktop
- MinimalCLI Edition features core system and a few tools
- DVD media with selected set of apps, multimedia codecs and plugins
- For 32 and 64 bit machines with BIOS or UEFI motherboard
- Easy hard drive / USB installation
- Own repository with a large set of additional applications
Rate This ProjectLogin To Rate This Project
the most interesting its the "editions", its a good Debian testing just ready to use for users, and comes with some important (not noted) software as the codecs.. the desktop appearance are good enought in each flavors.. but the support ahve a lack of response..
My best Linux Distro as Debian kill tim to set up driver but it already have ! Thanks to it all Developer !
Very Nice Distro
Ideal Debian distro for beginners! =)