fre:ac is a free audio converter and CD ripper for various formats and encoders. It features MP3, MP4/M4A, WMA, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, AAC, and Bonk format support, integrates freedb/CDDB, CDText and ID3v2 tagging and is available in several languages.
- Converts between MP3, MP4/M4A, WMA, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, AAC and Bonk formats
- Integrated audio CD ripper with freedb/CDDB support
- Easy to learn and use, still offering expert options when you need them
- Portable application to install on a USB drive and run everywhere
- Completely free and open source without any ads or other malware
Follow fre:ac - free audio converter
Rate This ProjectLogin To Rate This Project
Simple, easy, and fast. Quick CD ripping (which is exactly and only what I was looking for). Lacking metadata editing capabilities (unless I missed it). Docs need to be finished, though most options are self explanatory.
Great tool, works fine for me.
This tool is quite convenient especially when you need to extract audio from CD or write it to CD (CD ripping, etc.). But if you need to just convert an audio from any format and any codec to standard everywhere-playable mp3/320kbps, then Mp4 Video 1 Click for Windows is more preferable (search at sourceforge or google it). The Mp4 Video 1 Click adds items into Windows context menu, so you can navigate your files with File Explorer and perform all the conversion with automatic loudness adjustment in one mouse click.
Cool App for extracting CDs. The only weak point really being the layout of the fields to fill the track info.
Very good software, I recommend it.